Account takeover is a major underlying cause of online fraud.
Nearly every adult in every major market has had their personal information stolen via a data breach. These billions of stolen usernames, passwords and other data allow criminals to imitate real users online using bots.
“Successful identity protection and fraud prevention requires enterprises not only to recognise customers and employees from imposters, but to do so without the traditional friction associated with authentication such as CAPTCHAs” says Stephen Rowlands, Sales Manager at Distology.
To that effect, we are excited to announce a new partnership with Shape Security, the leader in online fraud prevention, as part of their continued expansion into the UK market and the channel. With this alliance, partners can provide their customers with a way to detect and block fake traffic online, and immediately reduce their level of fraud losses.
Shape Security is recognised as the fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley and the third-fastest growing company in the U.S. by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500.
“Distology work with some of the most disruptive vendors in security to allow them, and our network of proactive partners, to better service their customers. Shape Security represents the cutting edge and market leading technology that Distology are passionate about and we are excited to support Shape with their decision to partner with Distology in the UK market,” Concludes Rowlands.
The world’s leading organisations rely on Shape as their primary line of defence against attacks on their web and mobile applications, including many of the top global brands in financial services, telecommunications, e-commerce, travel and hospitality, insurance, gaming, and healthcare.
Shape stood out to Distology as the only choice for resellers for a number of reasons:
- Shape delivers the effectiveness against bots and other automation attacks that our resellers’ customers need. Through a patented two-stage AI system, Shape’s solutions consistently, accurately and persistently detect and mitigate fraud.
- Shape already protects Internet users at scale. Shape’s platform detects and blocks up to 2 billion fraudulent or unwanted transactions daily, while keeping 200 million legitimate humans safe.
- Shape’s platform provides omnichannel protection across web applications, mobile applications and API interfaces. For example, Shape’s mobile SDK is deployed on more than 200 million iOS and Android devices worldwide.
- For resellers and users of Okta’s Enterprise SSO platform, adding Shape provides a powerful, invisible layer of defence.
- Large credential breaches often include valid employee credentials. With Okta and Shape installed together, criminals will be further prevented from performing credential stuffing attacks using those stolen usernames and passwords. For resellers and users of Okta’s Customer IAM platform, deploying Shape increases security without adding friction to the user experience. Shape enables businesses to eliminate CAPTCHAs and other consumer-unfriendly security measures on login pages, while also preventing fraudulent account registrations.
“As Shape Security continues to expand globally, Distology’s market expertise and value-added support will help us expand our footprint,” said Mike Plante, CMO of Shape Security. “Distology’s VAR partner network and its end-customer relationships make them an exceptionally qualified partner to help bring our solution to market, which uniquely stops the most dangerous attacks enabled by cybercriminal fraud tools such as credential stuffing, fake account creation, and unauthorised aggregation.”
About Shape Security
Shape Security, based in Mountain View, CA, invented the world’s first botwall in 2011. Today, Shape defends the world’s largest enterprises from all types of fraud against their online applications, including more than half of all online banking in North America. Shape’s fraud prevention platform detects and blocks up to 2 billion fraudulent or unwanted transactions daily, while keeping 200 million legitimate human logins and other interactions safe. Shape provides omnichannel protection for web applications, mobile applications and API interfaces; the company’s mobile SDK is deployed on more than 200 million iOS and Android devices worldwide. Shape has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, as a CB Insights AI 100 company, and in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ as fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley and the third-fastest growing company in the U.S. To learn more, visit www.shapesecurity.com.
Distology is a Market Enabler and offers true value for the distribution of disruptive IT Security solutions. The vendors we work with represent innovative and exciting technology that continues to excite and inspire their reseller network. Our ethos is based on trust, relationships, energy and drive and offers end to end support in the full sales cycle providing vendor quality technical and commercial resource.